Call For a Free Quote
Metal Roofing Fasteners
These are the two metal roofing fasteners we recommend
Undoubtedly, the proper metal roofing installation begins with the use of the right equipment, starting with the screws used to anchor your panels to the structure. Waycross Roofing Products recommends using metal self-tapping screws with thin washers that have been properly compressed to ensure a secure seal.
First and Foremost, why screws?
Screws will not bend like nails when exposed to heat nor will they work themselves loose like a nail would during normal expansion and contraction that occurs with your roof.
Subsequently, you must make sure you are placing the screws in the appropriate place for a tight fit, but definitely never over-tighten.
As a final note to homeowners thinking of doing their own roofing, Waycross Roofing Products advises screws be installed down inside the flat of the panel and not on the top of the rib. This is important. as placing a screw in the top of the rib will prohibit a good seal. If placed on the top of the rib, the screw may also potentially tilt, thus stretching the screw hole. Consequently, when this hole stretches and gets bigger than the washer, and finally the seal is then broken.
1½-inch Long Sheet Metal Roofing Screws 250 Count
- Sharp T17 type point securely fastens metal roofing to wood structures quickly and easily
- #14 Sheet Metal roofing screws are galvanized for corrosion resistance
- Painted to match many colors of metal roofing closely
- The color on the roof screw head is painted with a two-part polyurethane for longer product life
- Galvanized Coating has passed the 1,000-hour salt spray corrosion test without failures
- Screws have a 5/16 Inch Hex Screw Head and ~9/16″ diameter EPDM washer to seal screws to the roof panel
- Self-starting roofing screws help take the headache out of sheet metal roof and siding installation
- Use on any metal roofing or siding project, where 1½-inch roofing screws are needed
- For installing roofing on the house, porch, airplane hangar, shed, pole barn, shop, barn, or lean-to
- Rough Estimation – regular roofing project should require 80 screws per 10 x 10 section of roofing
1½-inch Long ZAC Metal to wood fasteners 250 Count
- Zinc alloy cap head that will never red rust
- Limited long-life fastener warranty
- High hex washer head provides driving stability
- Type 17 milled point for quick installation
- Assembled with an aluminum bond seal washer for a consistent weather-tight seal
Roofing battens or battening 12 ft lengths
If you’re putting a new metal roof over an existing roof such as shingles, you will need roofing battens. These can also be known as battening, or roofing laths. Despite their name, they’re used to providing the fixing point for the new metal roofing. The Roofing battens are applied horizontally.
WRP offers the following sizes:
1 x 4 wooden roofing battens in 12 ft lengths
2 x 4 wooden roofing battens in 12 ft lengths